Sunday, September 9, 2012

A new snack food….yummy



Yesterday Anita served up a totally new and interesting snack food (certainly new to me but not to them). The best I can describe it is this way:

Fry some plantains made into round patties. Salt heartily.

Spread some mashed up pinto beans on top.

Cover with shredded cueso.

YUMMY! Really, this could be a new treat in America. Wish I had taken a photo. If I see it again, I will.


The rains have finally arrived tonight. It sure cools things down quickly. Sort of reminds me of my childhood, pre air conditioning days…… Ahhhhhh, refreshing.

1 comment:

  1. Plantains fried like that are called Patacones. You have to use the plantains when they are still green. Slice them in ½ to 1" slices, fry them until lightly golden and drain them. Now smash them flat (use a tortilla press or between a couple of pieces of parchment paper). Now put them back to fry until toasted brown, drain, salt and enjoy! You can eat them plain or with refried beans and cheese.

    ReplyDelete