Monday, September 3, 2012

Flexibility...

Flexibility is always an important quality when traveling no matter where you are. That is today's mantra: be flexible. After the tour of the town, I came back and decided to update the blog. Then I took a little nap again.... Just about the time I needed to walk back into the town, the heavens opened up. I made a little video but most of the rains and the thunder came afterwards. It was a regular Florida-type thunder boomer. Guess I'll have to post it on Facebook as I don't see a way to post it into the blog. Flexibility....again.

The Norwegian woman is named Karina. She has been traveling for several months now and was last in St. Martin. Europeans are so much better about travel and experiencing life. Few thirty year old American women I know would undertake such a unique experience. She has backpacked alone for weeks now. How did she land in Atenas? Google search she said.

Our first Spanish lesson was not taught by Anya(her name actually is Hannia)but by Gabby instead. The rooms were filled with other people doing different things: dance, martial arts, just talking.... It was pretty much a very distracting class even before the rain began again. Our teacher spent a lot of time telling us about this and that but it would be hard to string a few sentences together based on that lesson. Back to my Spanish for Gringos cds. Perhaps it gets better as time goes by. Flexibility....

Karina and I agreed to meet tomorrow about 1 PM after we are both finished with our projects. She is volunteering at a local dog and cat rescue. I agreed to share my Spanish for Gringos files with her. We both hope to find Kay's open tomorrow.

After our lesson, we were able to find a Spanish/English dictionary next door to the class. The lady accepted my $20 bill and gave me colonnes. Now I can pay for the bus tomorrow. I hope Kay's can exchange $$$ for me. Otherwise I will be standing in a long line at the bank... Flexibility.

Tonight I had my second cold shower although it did not feel quite so cold this time. We had dinner (pretty much the same food at lunch or dinner every meal. I am not complaining. It is tasty enough and I have not felt hungry yet. Flexibility.

Tomorrow I need to be at the bus station at 7:45 AM. The other person who is volunteering at the orphanage is named Alex (Alexandra??). You can see that it is taking me some time to hear and keep names straight. Probably some of you will not find that surprising.

Things are starting to settle down and feel normal. Tomorrow will be another interesting set of events. I will try harder to take more photos. Flexibility.....

Let me hear from you..... :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi mom, This sounds crazy the cold shower is too funny. I'm glad to see you're doing well over all and having a good time and meeting new people. Can't wait to hear more and hope the $$$ issue works out lol.
    Lots of love and prayer,
    - Paul

    ReplyDelete