Sunday, September 2, 2012

I have arrived and met my host family....well Anita and Guido are here right now. Every Spanish phrase I practiced has escaped from my brain. It is fun trying to make ourselves understood. Anita is being very patient with me.

My connection is VERY SLOW so I am hoping that later on it will be easier to get online.

I am sweating like I have never been in humidity before. It is actually cooler here than at home. Guess I am just acclimating to the elevation. A cool breeze is blowing through the window. I will post some photos later but for now I just want to let all of you know.......I'VE ARRIVED.

Tomorrow I will be oriented and then travel by bus to the hogarcito in Palmares for my first day of volunteering. Should be interesting there too.....

All of life is an adventure....this one is mine.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome!!! Stay happy, safe & enjoy every minute!!
    ~Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you made it safe and sound -- it sounds like you will all be able to work out communicating well wenough since you're all so willing to try. I think you are in for a wonderful 3 weeks, mama. <3 Debra

    ReplyDelete